1. Sky Sports must have been expecting their Sunday offering of derbies and top four clashes to be a big draw, but perhaps not a succession of draws.
2. Forget Edin Dzeko. Tha January imports providing the best goal return for Manchester City appear to be Carlos Tevez’s kids.
3. It was a great weekend for rare football spotters. iSpy Roque Santa Cruz, David Bentley and Wayne Bridge.
4. West Ham fans will be wishing Wayne Bridge had stayed in hiding for a bit longer.
5. Never mind looking out for the first swallow – the weather must be improving because Peter Odemwingie is back on the scoresheet.
6. You have to feel sorry for Fabio Da Silva. It will be tough watching his brother steal his name and squad number to face Birmingham City.
7. The biannual North East Barge The Goalkeeper event passed off without any trouble.
8. The fact that both Aston Villa and Birmingham were reliant on some quality finishing from their centre-backs probably helps to explain why they are both teetering above the drop-zone.
9. Kenny Dalglish appeared to be having a nice little sing-song of You’ll Never Walk Alone when David Moyes rudely interrupted to shake his hand.
10. And the jury’s still out on Dalglish 2.0 after his first home match. He looked like being a legend all over again after the first half, looked like Roy Hodgson in disguise after 20 minutes of the second half, and was probably back to where he started by the end of the match.