1. James McCarthy’s ears are not that offensive. We gave Wayne Rooney the benefit of the doubt after he appeared to assault Kyle McFadzean during the Crawley match, but there was no defending his elbow to McCarthy’s head.
2. Mark Hughes probably said “psych” during his ‘handshake’ with Roberto Mancini. Too many Fresh Prince of Bel Air repeats, Sparky.
4. Fortunately for him, a draw at Eastlands isn’t a sackable offence when you are Fulham manager.
4. Ryan Taylor proved he is definitely the man to step into Joey Barton’s boots. He saw red for a two-footed lunge against Bolton.
5. In fact, it was a bad weekend to be called Ryan. Blackburn skipper Nelsen was also sent-off in the week his family and friends were caught up in the New Zealand earthquake.
6. Chelsea must be wondering if they should have kept their £50 million and given Daniel Sturridge a few more starts. The lad can’t stop scoring for Bolton.
7. Blackpool are a bit rubbish without Charlie Adam. After their unexpected 3-1 victory over Spurs on Tuesday, a 4-0 defeat at Wolves means they’ve probably just about broke even for the week.
8. Jermain Beckford might just be a Premier League player after all. Granted he needed Titus Bramble to turn one goal in for him and scuffed his second goal into the corner, but David Moyes won’t mind as long as he keeps scoring.
9. Scott Parker put in a stunning performance against Liverpool. He’s been carrying West Ham all season, but he could barely even carry himself yesterday. He still managed to get on the scoresheet though.
10. Even Roy Hodgson could trash West Ham without any problems. DALGLISH OUT!