1. Wow, an overhyped match that actually lived up to our ridiculous expectations! Sexy football and and an exciting storyline.
2. Pep Guardiola got a brief insight into managing a ‘normal’ team. The Barcelona boss was already celebrating when Lionel Messi went one-on-one with Wojciech Szczesny, only for the Argentine to clip the ball wide. Maybe he’s human after all.
3. Arsenal have really matured over the last year. OTP doesn’t think it is an exaggeration to say they could now give Sporting Gijon a good game.
4. The Gunners might have scored from an excellent passing move, but there is no doubting who played the most beautiful football in a game billed as the meeting of Europe’s two most aesthetically pleasing teams. OTP would liked to have heard Tony Pulis’ first-half analysis as Arsenal were reduced to breaking up play with fouls.
5. It was great to see the mini-battles within the game itself, like Jack Wilshere proving he can mix-it with the likes of Xavi and Iniesta, or Alex Song’s game of chicken with the referee!