With a brain teasers theme…
1. There is only one team out of the 4 divisions in England and the 4 divisions in Scotland that have a ‘j’ in their name. Name them?
2. Name 4 English league teams that start with the same letter that they end with?
3.Name the 5 Scottish teams who start with the same letter that they end with?
4. Name the 3 teams out of the 92 in the English leagues that contain all 5 vowels
5. Which English league teams have the shortest name and which has the longest?
6. Which Scottish League teams have the shortest name and which has the longest?
7. Who is the only player to score a hat trick in all four of the English leagues, the League Cup, FA Cup and for his country?
8. Name four players to score in two World Cup finals?
9. Name 4 players who have played for 4 different teams that have won the European Cup though they have never won it themselves?
10. Name the seven teams from the Premier league, Championship, League One and League Two whose names end with the letter E?
11. Only five teams from their nation’s capital city have won the European Cup/ Champions’ League. Name them?
12. Excluding Uniteds, name the 3 teams in England and Scotland that have 2 U’s in their name
13.Which are the only two teams in England or Scotland whose names include all of the letters “a”, “b”, “c”, “d” and “e”?
14. Which are the only two teams in England or Scotland whose names do not include any of the letters “a”, “b”, “c”, “d” or “e”?
1. St Johnstone
2. Liverpool, Aston Villa, Charlton Athletic, Northampton Town
3. Celtic (I know, I know Glasgow Celtic), Kilmarnock, Dundee United, East Fife, East Stirlingshire
4. Hartlepool United, Rotherham United, Torquay United
5. Bury and Wolverhampton Wanderers
6. Clyde and Inverness Caledonian Thistle
7. Robert Earnshaw
8. Paul Breitner, Pele, Vava and Zinedine Zidane
9. Pierre Van Hooijdonk, Dean Saunders, Ronaldo, Laurent Blanc
10. Crystal Palace, Plymouth Argyle, Rochdale, Dagenham and Redbridge, Port Vale, Stevenage, Morecambe
11. Real Madrid, Ajax, Benfica, Steaua Bucharest, Red Star Belgrade
12. Queen of the South, AFC Bournemouth, Stenhousemuir
13. Wycombe Wanderers and Cowdenbeath
14. Portsmouth and Livingston