With a ‘cast your mind back’ feel
This week we will test just how much you drink a week. And by that I mean how much do you remember from the World Cup 2010, just 9 months ago? All I am saying is, it’s amazing how much I had forgotten!
1. Who was the South African that scored the first goal of the tournament?
2. Who won the Golden Ball award for best player?
3. Who won the Golden Boot award for top scorer?
4. Which team won the fair play award?
5. Which two teams left the tournament without scoring a single goal?
6. Who passed the ball to Andres Iniesta to score the winning goal in the final?
7. Who was the top scoring team at the tournament?
8. Iniesta dedicated his goal to someone, which earned him a booking. Who was it?
9. Name the city
Free State Stadium?
Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium?
Ellis Park Stadium?
10. How much money (in US Dollars) was given to the winners of the tournament?
11. Which squad at the tournament included three siblings?
12. Which Australian player was sent off for handling the ball on the line?
13. Can you name either of the players that scored an own goal in the tournament?
14. Who was the only player to score a hattrick in the tournament?
15. And who were the only three teams that failed to keep a clean sheet?
1. Siphiwe Tshabalala
2. Diego Forlan
3. Thomas Muller
5. Algeria and Honduras
6. Cesc Fabregas
8. Dani Jarque
9. Bloemfontein, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg
11. Honduras (the Palacios brothers)
12. Harry Kewell
13. Daniel Agger and Park Chu-Young
14. Gonzalo Higuain
15. Italy, United States, North Korea