1. Dimitar Berbatov has good cause to sulk. Javier Hernandez scores just as many goals, but works harder for the team and is arguably a more natural finisher. He’s making Sir Alex Ferguson’s decision very easy at the minute.
2. Fabio’s voodoo doll is really coming on well at the moment. As noted during the commentary, you can’t get a much more like-for-like substitution than Fabio for Rafael.
3. Paul Scholes’s tackling might actually be getting worse with age. And yet commentators seem to increasingly view his reckless lunges as some quaint blast from the past!
4. Rod Fanni: it never gets old.
5. Gabriel Heinze has discovered that leaving Manchester United for Real Madrid doesn’t guarantee you a Beckham-esque reception when you return to Old Trafford.