1. Congratulations to Stoke on a five-star performance. That’s the level of performance you automatically attain by scoring five goals.
2. You can’t say Bolton weren’t competitive. They were clearly spurred on by Adrian Chiles’ observations on how quickly Man Utd’s fans managed to clear Wembley and set about beating this by leaving at half-time.
3. We’re all accustomed to Clive Tyldesley reminiscing about a 1999 final, but it’s not usually Manchester City’s Second Division Play-off final victory over Gillingham.
4. Paul Scholes’ famously poor tackling might be getting worse with age.
5. You know Bolton’s problem: they get bullied too easily by the physical sides.
6. Just when you think Michael Carrick is getting back to his best he plays the sort of defence-splitting pass Fergie doesn’t really want to see from him.
7. And we can only assume that Bolton left-back Paul Robinson had been taking notes on Carrick’s performance.
8. We’d like to take this opportunity to apologise to OTP competition winner Ashley Payne for inflicting Bolton’s defeat on him.
9. Rio Ferdinand ought to watch himself. That kind of act of aggression can end with a dart whistling past your head.
10. Stoke and Birmingham are now qualified for next season’s Europa League. We’ll await a mandate from Platini to overturn this!