1. They have seen their Carling Cup, Champions League, FA Cup and Premier League aspirations go up in smoke, but Arsenal’s players obviously decided that ending Chelsea’s title challenge would be a capitulation too far.
2. Erm, Sepp… after yet another potentially multi-million pound incorrect decision it might be time to think about, you know, goal-line technology.
3. Having said that, Heurelho Gomes is not innocent in this. Yet another clanger from the Spurs keeper and you imagine it will be one too many for ‘Arry when the transfer window reopens.
4. There was also controversy at Arsenal v Manchester United, where the match officials decided that two wrongs do, in fact, make a right and denied both sides absolutely stonewall penalties.
5. Nigel De Jong hit his shot so hard to score his first Manchester City goal he must have thought it was Xabi Alonso’s ribcage.
6. Sandro became probably the first player in the Premier League, maybe even the world, to be given a public rollicking for scoring a 25-yard screamer. ‘Arry was not happy that his supposed holding midfielder was bagging the goal of the weekend instead of marking space that could potentially be occupied by Frank Lampard.
7. The footballing gods have decreed that Blackpool fans have witnessed too much excitement this season. After not seeing a single clean sheet at Bloomfield Road all season, they witnessed two on Saturday.
8. A neat snapshot have how far West Brom have come under Roy Hodgson: they open the scoring with a comedy own goal, go down to 10 men and still get all three points against Aston Villa.
9. There is unlikely to be a better visual metaphor for this season than the sight of Avram Grant’s best-laid plans and notes being blown around the pitch.
10. Some strategically applied sunblock during matches such as Sunday’s defeat to Liverpool could provide topless Newcastle fans with a tan-and-white striped effect that would serve them well into the winter months.