1. All season it has looked like the Premier League that nobody wanted to win, but Arsenal and Chelsea picked yesterday as the day to underline that they were particularly keen to avoid silverware.
2. Now we know why Javier Hernandez prays right up until kick-off.
3. Our don’t deserve to go down XI post seemed to spur on a few people at the weekend. Ali Al Habsi, Chris Samba and Charles N’Zogbia particularly proved they were worthy of their place in the team, while Birmingham proved our point that they are still very in trouble.
4. Heurelho Gomes has been going from hero to zero and back again all season, but rarely as quickly as he did against Blackpool by saving a penalty and then immediately giving away another spot-kick.
5. Stoke fans will no doubt have delighted at the foul count as much as the final score during their victory over Arsenal. The Gunners won 7-10.
6. The Premier League relegation candidates seems to have agreed to some sort of 1-1 draw pact ahead of the weekend’s matches. Wigan and Blackpool both picked up a solitary point, while Blackburn and West Ham drew 1-1 with each other.
7. Nobody told Mick McCarthy those rules though. A 3-1 victory over West Brom is always going to go down a storm in Wolverhampton, but when the result also lifts them out of the relegation zone it makes it extra special.
8. Everton fans might now reflect that they did pretty well out of the Joleon Lescott deal.
9. David Luiz is starting to pick up the key phrases.
10. If Fergie’s not playing it coy over the title not actually being won yet then you know they have definitely got it wrapped up.