1. There was a couple of things that went against Real Madrid this evening, but there is no doubt that the most deserving side over the two legs go through to the final.
2. It is probably safe to say that the referee was briefed that this game ought to end 11 v 11. Anything short of Ricardo Carvalho coming onto the pitch brandishing a machete for the second half was not going to result in a red card.
3. Lionel Messi > Cristiano Ronaldo.
4. Jose Mourinho must have mellowed. Not a laundry basket in sight.
5. The real winners of the evening were the Manchester tourism board. If we were expected one of the Champions League semi-finals this week to be played on a waterlogged pitch it would not have been this one.