Well, we say post-match but that sort of implies some sort of involvement in the match.
Carlos Tevez fronted up to the cameras for a brief TV interview after reportedly refusing to come on as a substitute for Manchester City in their Champions League match at Bayern Munich. He spoke to Sky Sports through an interpreter (nope, still can’t speak English).
According to a rough translation, he said:
No, it’s the coach’s decision. I agree. I feel like I was a professional to a certain point. Last year, I was the top scorer and I don’t deserve this kind of treatment. So… that’s it. I personally asked to get out because I wasn’t in good terms with my family or with anybody. But now my family is here in England and I’m very happy. But the coach didn’t give me the support I needed to… [doesn't finish sentence]
Tevez has since suggested that he did not refuse to play, despite Roberto Mancini’s assertions that he did.
The Argentine said: “There was some confusion on the bench and I believe my position may have been misunderstood.
“I would like to apologise to all Manchester City fans, with whom I have always had a strong relationship, for any misunderstanding that occurred in Munich.
“They understand that when I am on the pitch I have always given my best for the club. In Munich on Tuesday I had warmed up and was ready to play.
“This is not the right time to get into specific details as to why this did not happen. But I wish to state that I never refused to play.
“Going forward I am ready to play when required and to fulfil my obligations.”
We suspect he won’t be required to play for quite a while.