1. Never mind Pray 4 Muamba, Play 4 Muamba seems to be just as powerful.
2. Roberto Mancini doesn’t trust himself not to deliver a few choice Kevin Keegan-esque quotes, so he’s taking himself away from the post-match interviews.
3. If Manchester City’s title challenge is running out of legs they could borrow some of Peter Crouch’s. He’s got plenty to share and they’re finishing like Marco Van Basten at the minute.
4. England interim manager Mike Bassett has got to go for Crouch and Grant Holt up front, surely? The old big man, bigger man combo.
5. Holt knows the score: get your goals, put yourself about a bit, get yourself to the bath before everyone else.
7. You know things are bad when Chelsea v Spurs in on last on Match of the Day. A genuine top-of-the-table snorefest. We’re being punished for all the 6-1s, 8-2s and other crazy results
8. All the hair dye has finally gone to Djibril Cisse’s head. Two red cards in five games for QPR. By the end of his ban he will have been suspended for more games than he’s played for his new club.
9. Luis Suarez is always in the lookout for new ways to make himself even more unpopular. This week he opted for the hand of God.
10. West Brom got well and truly tangoed by Newcastle. If City can see their way to keeping Nigel De Jong on his leash, it looks like Hatem Ben Arfa is on the verge of bringing the Premier League some incredible entertainment.