1. At one point it appeared that this bloke had gone to get a topical t-shirt printed mid-match.
2. Being played off the park at the Emirates must hurt Arsene Wenger far more than being kicked off the park at the Britannia.
3. During commentary, Sky Sports’ Martin Tyler said that Wenger was the worst loser he’s even met. OTP sees your Wenger and raises you Robin Van Persie.
4. Everyone but Arsenal fans and supporters of Wigan’s fellow relegation battlers couldn’t help but have found themselves rooting for the Latics last night. And what a run of form they’ve found during their supposedly nightmarish run-in.
5. Just as well that the neutrals were backing Wigan since only 200 of their supporters actually made the trip.
6. If OTP plans an Arctic expedition at any point in the near future, we’ll attempt to bring in Victor Moses as a husky. That’s powerful running.
7. On paper, a back three of Gary Caldwell, Maynor Figueroa and Antolin Alcaraz sounds like a recipe for disaster. And yet Robin Van Persie barely got a sniff all night. Caldwell was particularly colossal.
8. Andre Santos, Gervinho, Johan Djourou and, on last night’s performance, Aaron Ramsey. Meh. Arsenal are still lacking in quality and depth. When RVP is out-of-sorts and they can’t get Theo Walcott going, there’s not much else.
9. Arsenal’s fans (and bench) are obsessed with time-wasting these days. Firstly, you’d quite happily do the same if you had the lead. Secondly, the opposition are under no obligation to hurry-up for your benefit. Thirdly, if you shored up the defence so that you weren’t always attempting to mount a comeback then it wouldn’t be an issue.
10. If Franco Di Santo could find the net regularly – and grow decent facial hair – he’d be all set.