Roy Hodgson is on the verge of becoming England’s new manager.
His current employers, West Brom, have given the FA permission to make an official approach, with private talks between Hodgson and the FA having already taken place behind the scenes.
In other words, he definitely wants it, the FA definitely want him and West Brom aren’t going to stand in anyone’s way.
FA chairman David Bernstein said: “Roy is the only manager we have approached and we remain on course to make an appointment within the timescale we set out.
“Further conversations will now take place with Roy.”
OTP’s initial thoughts on the developments:
- Hopefully this isn’t down to FA officials cleaning up at the bookies!
- Tottenham’s season has unraveled for no reason at all. After all the speculation and distraction, ‘Arry isn’t even getting the job.
- From both a tactical and experience point-of-view, this is probably a good move for England. Woy’s got far more tactical nous than ‘Arry, he’s been an international manager before, and his knowledge of the global game is probably second-to-none.
- This is the sort of news that will put wind in the sails of Paul Konchesky.
- Let’s be honest, at this stage it would be a relief to get any manager appointed and Hodgson is a shrewd move. Hopefully he takes the job and this doesn’t turn into a ‘Wolves’ appointment!
Image: Beacon Radio