1. Say what you like about Mario Balotelli, that lad knows how to take a penalty.
2. If Roberto Mancini felt Joe Hart was judging his team-mates after the Real Madrid match, hopefully he’ll feel he’e entitled to judge them after tonight’s display.
3. City’s back four looks very shaky… just not quite as shaky as their back three.
4. Borussia were absolutely superb all evening. Some of the football played in the final third by Mario Gotze, Robert Lewandowski, Marco Reus and Jack Rodwell was a joy to behold.
5. This was a good rehearsal for City’s final Champions League group stage match. A sea of yellow and black (including the match officials and the ball) and thousands of Germans singing being the only thing you could hear.