1. There were some unbelievable Bentekkers on display in the Liverpool vs Aston Villa match. Two goals and a crazy backheel assist for Villa’s young Belgian striker.
2. Kolo Toure has finally come clean and told Roberto Mancini that he’s a footballer, not a car salesman, and is promptly flavour of the month.
3. After picking up their first win of the season, QPR are nearly in a position from which Harry Redknapp can reminisce about how many points they had when he took over.
4. John O’Shea created more chances for Manchester United as a Sunderland player than he ever did in his United days.
5. With most players, a blatant headbutt to an opponent is a vicious assault. With Marouane Fellaini, it’s little worse than a pillow fight.
6. Adel Taarabt showed that ‘Arry hasn’t lost his touch for getting the most out of players he’s previously sold. The enigmatic attacker was at his brilliant best against Fulham.
7. Scintillating passing football, backheel assists and three points away: Aston Villa fans must be starting to think that they’re being rewarded for Alex McLeish’s time at the helm.
8. Martin Jol’s post-match interviews are menacing at the best of times, but defeat at QPR saw things turned up a notch from disapproving mobster to furious gangland boss.
9. Manchester United are getting into that ruthlessly efficient groove that they know and love. A comfortable win against Sunderland guarantees they’ll be top of the table at Christmas.
10. If there was a Sports Personality of the Year award for the loudest squeal after such an innocuous fall that you assume it must be a broken leg but turns out to be nothing at all, Swansea defender Chico Flores would have been a late contender.