Famed for his natty fashion sense, Cristiano Ronaldo is now opting to get statty instead.
The Real Madrid star is to don a pair of specially designed CR Mercurial IX to commemorate his achievements in 2012. The boots have seven numbers featured on to the side as well as featured within a CR7 graphic.
The numbers mark:
- 1st Spanish league title
- 9 goals scored for Portugal
- 14 games played for the national team
- 19 rival team scored against in a La Liga season (the first player to do so)
- 27 years old in 2012
- 55 matches played in all competitions for club
- 60 goals scored in all competitions for club
Ronaldo said: “Last season was a very special one for me, helping my team and country achieve success.
“It’s great to celebrate these achievements and also have a great pair of Mercurial boots to recognize the moment. I’ll enjoy playing in them for sure.”
He’ll wear the boots in Sunday’s match against Real Sociedad. A limited run of 100 pairs of the boots will go on sale in February.