Top 10 conclusions: FA Cup third round weekend
1. Luis Suarez: controversy seeks him out like a ball to an outstretched hand.
2. FA Cup third weekend was a great advert for the January transfer window. With Demba Ba and Daniel Sturridge both on target on their debuts, perhaps it’s not such a bad time to splash your cash.
3. Hastings striker Bradley Goldberg gave his side’s fans a special consolation for their trip to Middlesbrough. Shame about the ponytail.
4. Mrs Ameobi probably spent yesterday asking Shola what sort of example that was to set for his little brother.
5. Aston Villa have found their current level: the lower reaches of the Championship.
6. West Ham’s Cole-Collins combo worked a treat against Manchester United. They’ll be please to have Joe back at Upton Park if he continues creating goals at that rate.
7. Sunderland has to rely on Gardner to dig them out of a hole against Bolton.
8. Wolves were expecting an easy match against Luton, but Alex Lawless tore up the rulebook.
9. Championship Cardiff were booted out of the Cup by a non-league Macclesfield side led by goalscorer Matt Barnes-Homer. D’oh!
10. Coventry’s 1987 FA Cup Final replica shirts inspired them to… very little.