1. Jack Wilshere, it’s good to have you back. He showed drive, commitment and technical ability so often missing in England performances.
2. On the flip side, you do find yourself constantly thinking he’s about to get injured. We don’t know how you cope on a weekly basis, Arsenal fans.
3. Not gutting much joy out of evening against the England defence is a serious blot in Neymar’s copybook.
4. Gary Cahill’s clearly been benefiting from those one-to-one face-rubbing tutorials with Roy Hodgson.
5. It was quite funny to see England treating the ball played behind the full-back like some tactical innovation they’d just uncovered. After it worked once, every ball had to be an attempt to get Walcott/Lennon in behind the left-back.
6. Each passing week makes Chelsea’s handling of the Frank Lampard situation look even more bizarre. He’s now curling in winners against Brazil to hammer home the message.
7. Joe Hart must be feeling pretty good this morning. He probably spent his teenage goalkeeping drills imagining he was making double saves from Ronaldinho.
8. Ashley Cole now knows how it feels to be cheered at Wembley.
9. David Luiz and Dante: there can’t have been many centre-back pairings with bigger hair in the history of football.
10. It’s all very well beating Brazil, but can we do it when it really matters. Against San Marino.