Top 10 conclusions: Premier League weekend, 2-3 March
1. Arsenal’s daredevil game of sluggish defenders, pacy opponents and a very high line might have been a mistake.
2. Gareth Bale’s in such good goalscoring form that he’s even willing to help Arsenal find the net.
3. The chairmen of the rest of the Premier League’s bottom six clubs are hastily arranged for their players to go out on the lash in the hope of a similar effect to QPR’s trip to Dubai.
4. Manchester United’s Shinji Kagawa has probably set a record for the slowest average shot speed for a Premier League hat-trick. His tricklers proved ample to see off Norwich.
5. Regular hat-trick grabber Luis Suarez also bagged three goals in a 4-0 win.
6. Everyone in the Premier League should now be aware of the danger posed by Peter Crouch’s acrobatic volleys. However, it used to be the goalscoring threat rather than the risk of being rendered unconscious that you had to watch out for.
7. Stick one of their players in a comicbook hero mask and suddenly Wigan forget they’re playing football and start fighting instead.
8. Hardly surprising the Latics came to blows: conceding a Stuart Downing header is perhaps the ultimate insult.
9. ‘The Interim One’ – as the banners branded Rafa Benitez – secured the victory to keep his side comfortably in the top four (and keep himself in a job).
10. Luke Moore. Just Luke Moore.