Top five conclusions: FA Cup quarter-final weekend
1. A 5-0 win plus a replay between Manchester United and Chelsea: Manchester City were the undoubted winners of the weekend.
2. United can thank David De Gea’s big toe for preventing them exiting two cup competitions in a week.
3. Wigan’s Callum McManaman is probably no longer welcome on the Goodison Park terraces after he played an important part in Everton’s FA Cup humilation.
4. Rafa Benitez can afford himself a smug smirk this morning. His substitutions – not exactly welcomed by Chelsea supporters – were key to getting back into the game against United.
5. Roberto Mancini will be hoping hat-trick hero Carlos Tevez can continue to drive them to victories for the rest of the season despite his arrest for alleged motoring offences.