Top 10 conclusions: Premier League weekend, 4-5 May
1. David Luiz is trying to develop a tabloid persona as ‘the Smirker’.
2. It’s getting tight at the bottom.
3. ‘Agh win it late, C!’ is an appropriate anagram of Wigan Athletic after Callum McManaman’s late winner against West Brom.
4. Indeed, it was a day for late lifelines at both ends of the table. Tottenham and Chelsea both grabbed late winners to boost their Champions League hopes, while Aston Villa and Wigan also got last-gasp goals to secure wins in their battles against relegation.
5. After a season of looking in danger of relegation, Aston Villa have suddenly had a week that makes them look distinctly mid-table.
6. Sky Sports’ Super Sunday was like a loyalty scheme. Watch for over four hours and you’ll be rewarded with a goal in the last five minutes.
7. The undisputed footballer of the year Baled his side out once again. After Spurs’ win against Southampton and Chelsea’s victory at Manchester United, the midweek class between the two is looking even tastier than before.
8. Reading scored almost a quarter of their away goals for the season away at Fulham. Amazing what you can do once you’re relegated.
9. Liverpool must have used up their goal quota against Newcastle. Back to the nil-nils.
10. Manchester has clocked off for the season.