1. It’s all about Rickie Lambert. Scoring your first international goal at the age of 31 with your first touch in an England vs Scotland game – quite a story.
2. Watch out David Nugent and Francis Jeffers – there’s a new kid in Club 100% Strikerate.
3. James Morrison is even more English than Andy Murray. We’re definitely claiming that first goal.
4. Morrison’s trademark 20-yard strike claimed another scalp this evening. In this case, it was the itchy one belonging to England keeper Joe Hart.
5. Roy Hodgson will be delighted to not have to rely on an aggregate score incorporating last night’s under 21 match to clam victory over the Scots.
6. Gary Cahill’s refusal to turn the same way as Kenny Miller was part of a Chelsea protest demanding John Terry’s immediate reinstatement to the England squad.
7. Danny Welbeck’s hairdo is perfect for those cushioned headers at the back post.
8. Having Wayne Rooney playing up front with no match fitness is quite nice. His first touch conjures memories of Emile Heskey’s heyday.
9. Grant Hanley looks like a playground bully at the best of times, let alone when he’s pushing Theo Walcott around.
10. That might just have been the best England friendly ever. Two teams that meant it, good tempo and plenty of entertainment.