1. Manchester United old boy Fraizer Campbell has struck the first blow in the title race with his two goals for Cardiff against Manchester City.
2. Roberto Mancini might have allowed himself a smugger-than-usual smile yesterday afternoon.
3. Tottenham are the Premier League’s new penalty kings. They didn’t get a single spot-kick last season, but they’ve had two in two game this term. And they’ve got Roberto Soldado on hand to tuck them all away.
4. Liverpool are the top-flight’s other 1-0 specialists. And they’ve got Daniel Sturridge on hand to score great winners. He must be tempted to nobble Luis Suarez to ensure that can continue.
5. If Vincent Tan is so proud of Cardiff’s new red shirts he shouldn’t tuck so much of his inside his trousers.
6. The downpour at Arsenal vs Fulham was epic. Olivier Giroud used it to his advantage for an amazing kneeslide, whereas Arsene Wenger looked like a drowned rat.
7. The most amazing downpour came at Stoke, though. That was the metaphorical one that heralded the end of Marouane Chamakh’s Premier League goal drought.
8. Hull new boy Yannick Sagbo fell into the old fake headbutt trap. The red card he was shown was the second reddest thing in the KC Stadium after Steve Bruce’s face.
9. Sam Allardyce is terrible at doing his tie. And shirt.
10. The Joe Hart Flutter is becoming as regular a sight as the David James Flap.