Top five conclusions: Belgium 2-1 USA (aet)
1. What a fantastic game, capped with a thrilling period of extra time.
2. Matt Besler modelled his defensive game on a Stretch Armstrong toy. He seemed to get his extendable limbs onto everything.
3. The USA only does battery powered right-backs. Fabian Johnson was subbed off injured, but replacement DeAndre Yedlin was just as effective. He was rapid up and down his flank.
4. Romelu Lukaku gave Marc Wilmots and Divock Origi a visual demonstration of how sometimes being a striker is easier when somebody else has worn out the defenders for you. The Chelsea man got what proved to be the winning goal.
5. Julian Green has been watching David Platt and knows how you score in extra time against Belgium.