1. This was the weekend of the dodgy headed backpass. Crystal Palace’s Jason Puncheon and Tottenham’s Kyle Walker both cost their teams goals with crazy headers.
2. Following on from that, we can conclude that there were plenty of ill-advised nods of the head even though Alan Pardew’s Newcastle didn’t have a game.
3. Steven Caulker loves scoring against Fulham. His two goals on Saturday will be massive if Cardiff are to get themselves out of the relegation zone. read more »
1. One down, four to go for Manuel Pellegrini in his challenge to win five trophies in five years for Manchester City.
2. That was probably the best possible result for Sunderland in the long-term. They played well, weren’t humiliated but didn’t end up with the trophy that often results in teams clocking off in the league. Back to the relegation battle for Gus Poyet and his side.
3. The last time Sunderland witnessed a comeback as quick as City’s it was the return of tomato ketchup after Paolo Di Canio’s sacking. read more »
1. Arsenal can’t do it on a dry Saturday in Stoke.
2. Contrary to the beliefs of many religious sects, Roberto Soldado scoring from open play for Tottenham is in no way associated with the apocalypse.
3. Alan Pardew joins Mike Tyson in a select club of people who can claim to have headbutted a tiger. read more »
1. Headbutting Hull’s David Meyler (March 2014)
Pardew is likely to be in line for a touchline ban and considerable fine after headbutting Meyler during today’s 1-4 win at Hull.
Pardew says: “I did not mean any damage to the guy but I have moved my head forward. I tried to push him away with my head but I should not have done that. I apologise to everyone. I should not have got involved in it.” read more »
1. That summer transfer warchest must be getting bigger all the time.
Even the cash conscious Glazers must have watched that performance and realised there is plenty of spending to be done in the summer. Chris Smalling, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra, Tom Cleverley, Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia all looked like they need to be cleared out. read more »