Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho have both dismissed talk of title challenges and claim they are only concentrating on their forthcoming fixtures.
Speaking at their respective press conferences ahead of midweek fixtures, both managers agreed that it was a case of winning games through the busy winter period and assessing the situation in the new year. read more »
1. Liverpool fans were forced to remember that Luis Suarez couldn’t always singlehandedly dig them out of a hole before he had Daniel Sturridge to help out.
2. Defeat at Upton Park proved to be a Hammer blow for Martin Jol’s Fulham career. Defeat at Sam Allardyce’s striker-less West Ham was clearly the final straw as far as Shahid Khan was concerned.
3. Tony Pulis’ six months off were not spent plotting a new wardrobe: the baseball cap it back at Crystal Palace. read more »
What if all Premier League teams were renamed in honour of what their badges actually look like?
That’s what a recent article on Buzzfeed has imagined – and the results are very entertaining. read more »
1. Arsenal five points clear by the start of November – you’d have got great odds on that after the opening day defeat to Aston Villa.
2. The SAS partnership might need to go for counselling. Daniel Sturridge was theatrical in demonstrating just how disappointed he was with Luis Suarez during the defeat to Arsenal.
3. John Ruddy’s Joe Hart Halloween costume was unbelievably realistic. read more »
1. The loan system strikes again! Fabio Borini managed exactly what his Liverpool team-mates couldn’t do last week by beating Newcastle.
2. Despite the derby win and a jump to a whopping four points, we would advise Sunderland fans to ensure a period of reflection before getting any Gus Poyet or Fabio Borini tattoos.
3. Joe Hart has reached a new low: the Manchester City goalkeeper managed to out-blunder Fernando Torres. read more »