Top five conclusions: Ghana 1-1 Australia
1. Australia can feel really hard done by. They would have won this match without the very harsh red card for Harry Kewell (the ref was chronic in general, by the way).
2. The World Cup goalkeepers ought to be ashamed that even Harry Kewell can get more of his body behind the ball than them.
3. Ghana keeper Richard Kingson can proudly add his name to the list of goalies who have made a hash of the new ball.
4. Ghana love to get penalties for handballs. It is pretty much their only goalscoring method.
5. It was a nice attempt by Australia to introduce video replay technology to football by pointing the ref towards the big screen on a couple of occasions. I told you they looked like cricket shirts.