Top five conclusions: Holland 2-1 Slovakia
1. A dull performance with little to report and Holland take their place in the quarter-finals. What wouldn’t you give?!
2. You could have got pretty good odds on Robert Vittek being the joint-top scorer ahead of the quarter finals before the tournament started.
3. Arjen Robben successfully underlined what a luxury it is to be adding him to the line-up at this stage.
4. I am so annoyed with myself. I put together a Top 10 naughty World Cup names, and on the day Slovakia are knocked out I spot that their reserve keeper is called Pernis.
5. Eljero Elia has the footballing brain of Faustino Asprilla. Nobody knows what he is going to do next, least of all him.
Video via 101GG