Top 10 conclusions Premier League fixtures 5 January
1. That was a set of results that must have the League Managers Association press officer wondering if they did something evil in a previous life. It’s time for the Great Premier League Sack Race.
2. If Sir Alex Ferguson is an optimist his pools coupon probably won last night.
3. At least Roy Hodgson’s management has at last had a positive impact on Blackburn Rovers.
4. Next time you see Carlo Ancelotti he will probably have a very muscley forehead – that eyebrow will have done quite a workout last night.
5. Anyone know who that marauding midfield giant Manchester City have played for the last few games was? Yaya Toure was back in the team last night.
6. The footballing gods have ruled that Emile Heskey must pay for his goal against Chelsea last weekend. As a result he missed an absolute sitter before getting sent-off against Sunderland.
7. Pablo Zabaleta can be understandably frustrated to find out the hard way that being headbutted is now a red card offence.
8. Avram Grant paid the price for ditching his lucky scarf.
9. Leon Best has discovered that scoring for Newcastle is not as difficult as he previously thought. The ex-Coventry man broke his duck in style with a hat-trick against West Ham.
10. Perhaps Best can now give some tips to Arsenal. How they didn’t score in their first-half against Manchester City is a mystery.