Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 16-17 April
1. Emmanuel Eboue should never be left alone with the big red button.
2. When you score a 98th minute goal, you could probably be forgiven for thinking it’s going to win you the match.
3. Fernando Torres finally finds the net for Chelsea… but it’s disallowed. Very cruel, fate.
4. Arsene Wenger desperately needs a reality check. Yes, we understand your frustration. No, we still won’t believe you when you spout a load of nonsense after your team capitulates yet again. Not even after all these years.
5. Blackpool, Blackpool, Blackpool… it’s not looking good, is it? That was a massive win for Wigan. Unfortunately, it was a six-pointer in billing only and the Latics are still just two points off the bottom.
6. Roy Hodgson’s new-found magic powers do know limits.
7. You would think Liverpool’s gang of 18-year-old defenders would be grateful just to be in the team without trying to kill off the old guard during games.
8. We might have to extend the relegation zone. At the minute I can’t see any of the bottom five staying up.
9. Avram Grant has re-overtaken Gerard Houllier as manager of a team in claret-and-blue most likely to be sacked.
10. OTP would love to see some more mild cussing between Arsene Wenger and Kenny Dalglish.