OTP Quiz of the Week 21
With a relegation theme
1. When goalkeeper Jimmy Glass famously scored to ensure his club’s league status, who was he playing for?
2. And which club did he relegate?
3. Which three teams were relegated in the season before the Premier League was introduced?
4. Who are the only club to have been relegated from the Premier League four times?
5. Which two clubs dropped out of the Football League last season?
6. Which manager ended his career after being relegated from the Premier League in 1992/3?
7. Who are the most relegated club in the Football League?
8. Can you name the five clubs who have been relegated from the Premier League three times?
9. And who are the eight teams who have never been relegated from the Premier League?
Can you name the club in the following European countries who are currently bottom of the top division and already relegated?
13. Juventus were eventually the only club relegated from Serie A after the 2006 scandal. But which three other clubs were originally relegated too (punishment reduced on appeal)?
14. When Sheffield United were relegated in 2007, which Wigan player (who had joined from Sheff U in the January) scored the winning goal in the game?
15. When Derby were relegated in 2007/8 with the lowest points total in PL history, who was their top league scorer, with a measly four goals?
Click below for the answers
1. Carlisle United
3. Luton Town, West Ham, Notts County
4. Crystal Palace
5. Grimsby and Darlington
6. Brian Clough
7. Notts County
8. Nottingham Forest, Middlesbrough, Leicester City, West Bromwich Albion and Sunderland
9. Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Aston Villa, Everton, Liverpool and Wigan
11. Willem II
13. AC Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio
14. David Unsworth
15. Kenny Miller