Top 10 conclusions Premier League final day
1. In terms of material for OTP, losing Ian Holloway but unexpectedly keeping Mick McCarthy is akin to being relegated but your star player announcing he wants to stay at the club.
2. OTP has been pretty harsh on Ian Evatt at various points throughout the season, but we would just like to put on record that clearly we had very good grounds for doing so.
3. Stephen Hunt can add Birmingham City to the list of clubs for whom his name is rhyming slang.
4. Harry Redknapp and co might think the Europa League is a waste of time, but sending English representatives from the Championship to compete is a bit disrespectful.
5. The Manchester United match was Blackpool’s season in a nutshell: bags of attacking flair, overachieving for a long time, but ultimately too frail defensively to survive.
6. We see your Lionel Messi and we raise you Jermaine Beckford.
7. Beckford or no Beckford, Carlo Ancelotti was always going to be sacked after the Everton game.
8. Liverpool’s owners are frantically trying to get Kenny Dalglish back on his temporary contract.
9. Someone should tell Wigan’s players that Dave Whelan is 74 years old. First they put his ticker through its paces with their late winner against Stoke, then they douse him in champagne on a breezy evening in the Britannia Stadium.
10. You should never wear fancy dress to the final match of the season unless your side has already secured mid-table mediocrity.