Top five U21 conclusions: Switzerland 3-0 Belarus & Denmark 1-3 Iceland
1. Switzerland are still looking like the real deal. Three wins from three and looking formidable on their way into the semi-finals.
2. Iceland coach Eyjólfur Sverrisson is our new hero of the tournament. He turned up for the second half with a cardboard cup, sipping at his coffee. Sunday league superstar.
3. Belarus found themselves among the happier recipients of a 3-0 hammering in the history of football. We dare say they didn’t think a sole victory over Iceland and two defeats would be enough to see them through.
4. Denmark, oh Denmark. We would rather have kept the hosts in the tournament, but they have been pretty poor throughout considering some of the talent at their disposal.
5. No progression for Iceland, but they did manage to get one over on the nation that occupied them for hundreds of years.