Top five conclusions: Manchester City 1-0 Arsenal
1. At last, a Sky Sports Super Sunday match that lives up to its sub-heading billing. This really was a Christmas Cracker.
2. Forget gold, frankincense and myrrh, it was all about Silva delivering the goods.
3. The Arsenal crowd are not usually that noisy at home, never mind away. Samir Nasri must be the best cheerleader the Gunners could hope for.
4. Roberto Mancini will be delighted to avoided an on-pitch punch-up after Micah Richards’ misplaced pass to Mario Balotelli.
5. As well as Arsenal played, the arrival of Marouane Chamakh for the last 10 minutes was never likely to strike fear into City hearts.