Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 21-22 January
1. Mario Balotelli should not have been on the pitch to score the winner against Spurs. He should have been answering questions at the local nick after his stamp on Scott Parker.
2. Everyone said Spurs would miss Emmanuel Adebayor’s height, but they can hardly have envisaged Jermain Defoe’s little legs unable to stretch far enough to put Gareth Bale’s injury time cross into the net for what could have been the winning goal.
3. When Robbie Keane was a kid he used to dream about one day scoring twice against the team he played for as a kid.
4. When Roy Hodgson’s Liverpool team put in performances like the Reds gave against Bolton, everybody seemed to want Kenny Dalglish to take the helm.
5. Emmanuel Frimpong has discovered that karma’s a bitch. Just a week after he Frimponged Spurs midfielder Rafael Van Der Vaart, the on-loan Wolves found himself Frimponged by Aston Villa midfielder Stiliyan Petrov
6. QPR v Wigan didn’t look like a golazo-fest on paper
7. Tim Cahill was on the scoresheet for Everton. Retro.
8. Clinical Clint Dempsey might just be the Premier League’s most underrated player.
9. Fernando Torres still hasn’t found his shooting boots and Andre Villas Boas is struggling to keep up the pretense that this cool with him!
10. Even Robin Van Persie is baffled by Arsene Wenger’s tactics.