20 questions raised from the Capello / Terry mess
1. If Terry had his armband removed on a principle of guilty until proved innocent, how come Harry’s name wasn’t out of the equation when he was charged?
2. Why did the FA not consult Capello before removing the captaincy from John Terry?
3. If Fabio was not shamed of his opinion, why did he only make it to an Italian TV station?
4. Why did the FA wait two months since Terry was charged to make the decision to remove the armband, rather than four months before a major tournament?
5. If Terry’s trial had been set for May, would he have kept the armband until after the trial?
6. Are we the only country to celebrate the removal of the manager with the highest win percentage in our history?
7. Why do our tabloid media think that Harry Redknapp is the unanimous and popular choice? I, for one, think he’s a moron.
8. How long will it take for Scott Parker to be made next England captain?
9. Why is winning the FA Cup once and being English considered better than 9 domestic titles, 4 domestic cups and a Champions League and being foreign?
10. Has everyone forgotten the last populist choice for England manager? It was Kevin Keegan.
11. So Luka Modric must stay loyal to Spurs despite a better club coming along? What should Harry do if a better job comes along? He’ll leave, of course.
12. What happens if the new manager wants John Terry as his captain?
13. Rio Ferdinand has captained England after being given an eight month ban for failing to attend drugs tests. Is this worse than just being charged (not found guilty) of a racial slur?
14. If Spurs or Redknapp don’t budge and we want English, who gets the nod? Pearce? Hodgson? Pardew? It all smells of McClaren.
15. Why do we not feel that international management experience is crucial?
16. Is there a better man for the job than Guus Hiddink?
17. Can we really have an England manager that struggles to read, write and send emails? The Germans are already pissing themselves.
18. Should Chelsea feel a little guilty for their club captain that they asked for the trail to be delayed until after Euro 2012?
19. If Harry gets the gig, will we see Sandra up front for the first two games of the Euros? Darren Bent is the other option.
20. If Harry does become the next manager, is Joe Jordan really going to want to be assistant manager of England?