Top five conclusions: Real Madrid 1-1 Manchester United
1. Jose Mourinho vs Sir Alex Ferguson? It might as well have been Tony Pulis vs Joe Kinnear. Set-pieces and crosses were what this was all about.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo laughs in the face of gravity. He hung in the air to head in his goal.
3. David De Gea made one of the best goal-line clearances of all time. That achievement is negated slightly by the fact that he was allowed to use his hands if he’d wanted to.
4. Robin Van Persie is capable of miskicks. His fluffed volley would have given United a fantastic lead to take back to Old Trafford.
5. It’s wide open for the second leg. United have the away goal, but you’d back Real to score at Old Trafford.