Top five conclusions: Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea
1. You can play no strikers or three strikers and be equally bereft of any attacking potency.
2. It’s not a great game if the highlight of it is the visiting manager looking for a pen. Try to find anything to top it in the video above – you’ll struggle.
3. The award for most awkward pre-match handshake goes to… David Moyes and Jose Mourinho. This couldn’t have looked more strained if Mark Hughes had one of them in a half nelson at the time.
4. If Chelsea achieved anything from the match it was showing Wayne Rooney that there’s no danger of him playing second-fiddle to any other strikers if he joins them. Having said that, it’s difficult to remember the last time so many people were putting all their faith in Fernando Torres to ignite a game.
5. Demba Ba is wondering why he was cast aside after one match for being too slow, yet Jamie Carragher was given another chance with the Sky Sports touchscreen.