Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 10-11 January
2. Manchester United are streets ahead of Chelsea at the minute.
3. Chelsea need to improve their defending of set pieces and find more cutting edge if they are to put themselves back in contention for the title.
4. For all the positive vibes that accompanied the Redknapp Revolution, Spurs are still in the relegation zone. Defeats to Wigan are not going to help matters.
5. If the object of Rafa’s rant was to give his side the jitters against Stoke and spur United on to victory against Chelsea then mission accomplished. Liverpool haven’t looked so shaky all season.
6. Scott Carson is capable of making big mistakes at club level, not just international level.
7. Curtis Davies will continue to keep Zat Knight and Carlos Cuellar out of the Aston Villa side if he keeps scoring as well as defending at his current level.
8. It might be 2009, but Jack Frost can still get the better of the Premier League fixture list.
9. Shame on Alan Wiley for disallowing what would have been a fantastic own goal as Lucas Neill sliced the ball spectacularly into his own net.
10. Michael Owen obviously still wants that January move – no injuries AND another goal!