Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 17-18 January
2. Chelsea were also busy using their Get Out Of Jail Free card. They left it very, very late against Stoke.
3. And Arsenal only secured victory against Hull in the last 10 minutes. The pressure must be starting to tell for the Big Four.
4. Darren Bent has had a ‘mare:
5. West Brom are not dead and buried. Their recent run of form has put them level on points with the rest of the bottom five. It is going to be a real nailbiter this season.
6. I’m going to enjoy seeing Ariza Makukula in the Premier League. He looks like a bit of a character (read daft sod), and I suspect he will be providing me with plenty of material!
7. Sam Allardyce is not the world’s worst football manager as he showed by thrashing old club Newcastle 3-0 with new club Blackburn.
8. Joey Barton can’t help himself.
9. Rory Delap doesn’t just take throws. His neat finish so nearly gave Stoke victory at Chelsea.
10. Saturday was dirty day. Red cards in four of the game’s seven Premier League games.