Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 21-22 February
1. I will follow in the footsteps of a well-known bookie and say that I would now payout on Manchester United to win the title. They are not going to drop eight points.
2. A good, solid start for Chelsea under Guus Hiddink. Away at Aston Villa looked to be a tough opener for the Dutchman but the Blues came through unscathed.
3. Trust Tomasz Kuszczak to let the side down and concede a goal for Manchester United. Poor Edwin must be distraught!
4. It was a truly stunning free-kick from Cristiano Ronaldo to secure victory though.
5. I fear for Everton now they have lost Mikel Arteta for the rest of the season. They could get drawn from their comfortable sixth spot and into the mid-table mire.
6. That will be good news to Arsene Wenger because his side are still slipping up in matches their ought to win as they have done all season.
7. Stoke’s position would look a lot healthier if Ryan Shawcross had managed to avoid swinging his leg at a Hermann Hreidarsson cross in the last minute and scoring an own goal.
8. Still no win for Middlesbrough. That’s 14 games and counting after a goalless draw with Wigan. Relegation form.
9. No instant impact from Andrei Arshavin then. Maybe against less daunting opposition than the mighty Sunderland.
10. Manchester City must be sick of late Dirk Kuyt goals ruining their results. Remember the last-minute winner back in October? And then yesterday’s equaliser at the death.