Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 14-15 March
1. The title race is not really back on. Manchester United still have a game in hand and too much for Liverpool in the long-run.
2. Sir Alex Ferguson will be hoping that was just the worst European hangover ever. Liverpool may have benefited from the extra day of rest, but surely you shouldn’t be too jet-lagged after a home game in midweek!
3. Nemanja Vidic had a nightmare. A horrible mistake for Liverpool’s opening goal, in Fernando Torres’ pocket all afternoon, and then sent-off for a professional foul on Steven Gerrard.
4. Nicolas Bendtner stinks again after that mild whiff of decent finishing against West Brom. This incredible compilation of the Dane’s misses against Blackburn is dedicated to Zekky.
5. Thankfully for Arsenal, Andrei Arshavin seems to have discovered where the net is located. And a cracking goal his first the Gunners was.
6. Marlon King’s last-gasp equaliser could prove to be a pivotal point in the season for both Middlesbrough and Portsmouth.
7. Fulham are capable of winning Premier League matches away from home.
8. Mourane Fellaini obviously realised he crossed the boundary last week and became a Premier League laughing stock. I’m not sure the new corn-rows are much better than the Diana Ross look, but at least his goal made injury time a little more comfortable for Everton.
9. Aston Villa fans might soon be wishing they had the prospect of a continued Uefa Cup run to look forward to.
10. He has only been back for two games, but it is already clear just how much Chelsea have missed Michael Essien. A vital goal from the Ghanaian yesterday to secure victory over Manchester City.
Video spotted on 101GreatGoals