Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 4-5 April
2. It was all about 17-year-old Federico Macheda in the end. A fantastic strike from the youngster to win Manchester United’s match against Aston Villa.
3. I don’t know if goalkeeping errors are incorporated into Tony Mowbray’s much talked about footballing philosophy, but I reckon stamping them out would have helped West Brom’s survival hopes significantly.
4. Alan Shearer’s first game in charge was ruined by a sloppy mistake from Fabricio Coloccini and a bad decision from the linesman.
5. Fulham should probably replace their crossbar. It must have been a bit wonky by the time Liverpool had finished with it.
6. If Wilson Palacios genuinely is a target for Sir Alex Ferguson, maybe it is because he tackles like a Manchester United player… Paul Scholes. Having said that, his second yellow – which handed the game to Blackburn – was harsh.
7. It is difficult to see Middlesbrough pulling themselves out of the relegation zone. A heavy defeat to Bolton on Saturday and they continue their downward spiral.
8. Robinho’s brief attempts to show defensive willingness were nothing short of hilarious.
9. Stoke’s victory against West Brom was a massive one. The Potters are suddenly up to 13th and looking pretty comfortable compared to some other teams.
10. A good weekend for young Premier League talent. As well as Macheda’s great goal, there was also goals for James Tomkins and Junior Stanislas at West Ham.