Top 10 Wednesday night Champions League musings
No conclusions today, only questions
1. Was giving Standard Liege a one-goal headstart part of a deal cut between Eduardo and Uefa to overturn his diving ban?
2. Why are the best games on paper always the worst in reality? I’m looking at you, Inter and Barca.
3. If Arsenal had lost 3-2, having led 2-0, and conceded one goal that was both offside and handball and another scored by a player who should have been suspended, would Arsene Wenger’s head have exploded?
4. Does Mannone translate directly into German as Manninger?
5. If your defensive midfielder is so dodgy that you have to play your best attacking midfielder alongside him to make sure he doesn’t mess things up too badly, do the cons of having Lucas in your team outweigh the pros?
6. And is a Jon Bon Jovi mullet truly an acceptable feature of an English Champions League team?
7. Who on earth are Unirea Urziceni?
8. Does Rubin Kazan really live next-door to Dirty Tackle’s granny?
9. Was it just cruel fate that Debrecen’s Kiss didn’t score in time added on so that I was unable to recite Prince lyrics here?
10. We all know that Anfield can have an incredible atmosphere on European nights, but why does ITV feel the need to milk this when there are empty seats in the stadium and the opposition is a little-known Hungarian outfit whose supporters outsung the Liverpool fans for most of the match?