Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 26-27 December
1. Manchester City were obviously concerned that Stoke’s bully tactics might extend to stealing the ball. Someone wrote ‘MCFC’ on the ball in marker pen.
2. Presumably that was a PR bod who escorted Roberto Mancini out of the tunnel before letting him take the applause by himself… and then shake hands with Peter Reid instead of Tony Pulis!
3. Boxing Day must have been a day for mistaken identity. Ref Andre Marriner was getting his Wolves players confused.
4. Wayne Rooney was a busy boy. One goal, making the error that led to Hull’s penalty, putting in the cross that led to Andy Dawson’s own goal and setting up Dimitar Berbatov’s goal. All in a day’s work.
5. Florent Malouda is clearly a graduate of the Paul Scholes School of Tackling.
6. Wigan signwriters are easily excited. It is shame they are not as liberal with their apostrophes as they are with their exclamation marks.
7. Robinho is hopeless.
8. Pepe Reina won the battle of the bald goalkeepers against Marcus Hahnemann.
9. Avram Grant and Steve Clarke are still on beard-stroking terms.
10. Arsenal could do with Abou Diaby continuing to fire in impressive goals after Cesc Fabregas’ impact cameo looks set to rule him out for two months.