Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 13-14 March
1. Last minute winners from Nicklas Bendtner now? A Sun-style apology might be due from OTP soon.
2. Craig Gordon is the unluckiest player of the weekend. His excellent performance deserved to win all three points for Sunderland against Manchester City.
3. George Boateng has been watching too much Six Nations action (see video above).
4. And Hull’s tackling in general will have done little to ease Arsene Wenger’s victim complex.
5. Jimmy Bullard should have washed his hair before scoring against Arsenal. We’re not convinced he was sending out a particularly strong shampooed and conditioned vibe.
6. If Burnley’s survival hopes are built on their home form, then losing at home to one of the biggest relegation rivals was a bit of a blow.
7. Beating Liverpool must have gone to Wigan’s heads. Hopefully a 4-0 thrashing by Bolton will remind them they are not world-beaters just yet.
8. Gareth Bale is quicker than Michel Salgado.
9. Adam Johnson’s goal probably caught the eye of Fabio Capello, even if he did get some nasty glares from his Sunderland-supporting family.
10. Talking of the England manager, perhaps we should introduce a weekly Fabio Capello-sponsored conclusion which praises the Lord that the superb Wayne Rooney has made it through any match unscathed.