Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 24-25 April
2. A Paul Scholes header last week, two Ryan Giggs penalties this week. Sunderland will be on their guard against a Gary Neville hat-trick next week.
3. That’s United’s hopes of nicking the title on goal difference out of the window then.
4. All that money and Manchester City are probably going to have the Faroe Islands goalie in nets for the business end of the season.
5. Fabio Capello was on hand to watch another excellent performance from Joe Hart though. Bet City wish they had him to call on.
6. Well done to Nani and Patrice Evra for keeping it real, Sunday League style, with some on-pitch vomiting.
7. Alan Hutton will probably get his red card turned over since getting headbutted is not strictly a sending off offence.
8. Wigan were well-placed to appreciate the feeling of scoring a late screamer to win 3-2 and probably avoid relegation, so perhaps they won’t begrudge defeat to West Ham too much.
9. It was a bad weekend for goalies, with both Shay Given and Thomas Sorensen departing on stretchers and Chris Kirkland getting his face stitched up at half-time.
10. Farewell Burnley. Their return to the Championship was hardly unexpected, but they have offered great entertainment at times and all the signs suggest they have enjoyed their Premier League adventure within their means.