Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 1-3 May
1. Steven Gerrard dispelled those ‘Liverpool will let Chelsea win the title’ myths with his assist for Didier Drogba.
2. Yes, Wigan have beaten Chelsea once this season but the chances of lightning striking twice are pretty slim.
3. Goodbye, Hull. Not being able to hold on to their vital win in the closing seconds probably sums up their season.
4. Tom Huddlestone knows how to kick a ball.
5. No wonder Stoke like to keep Rory Delap on the touchline when mounting attacks judging by his finishing (or lack of) against Everton.
6. Portsmouth signed off their home Premier League fixtures in a manner the Fratton Park faithful have seen far too little of this season.
7. Avram Grant? Avram Rant more like. Give the microphone a rest.
8. Fair play award of the weekend goes to Birmingham’s Cameron Jerome who clearly told the referee he had got it wrong when he gave a foul for Gary Caldwell’s tackle on Jerome. Just a shame they scored against Burnley from the resulting free-kick.
9. Oh Arsenal! Defeat to a north west team again: it is becoming such a cliché (not Gael).
10. The battle for fourth could not be any tastier. Roll on Wednesday night!