Top five conclusions: Denmark 1-3 Japan
1. At last! A team that knows how to take free-kicks with the Jabulani.
2. Japan are obviously a much better team than people gave them credit for pre-tournament.
3. Jon Dahl Tomasson probably couldn’t have picked a worse game in which to break Denmark’s all-time goalscoring record.
4. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see a big Premier League club take a gamble on Keisuke Honda given the shirt sales he would generate.
5. The Japanese FA are probably quietly relieved that they didn’t accept coach Takeshi Okada’s ‘joke’ resignation before the tournament started.
Video via 101GG